|At Gilman & Valade Funeral Home, our goal is to provide a service as meaningful and unique as the family we serve, no matter what their religious preference.
- Traditional Burial : This type of service is when arrangements are made to have a visitation and funeral ceremony, followed by burial at the cemetery.
- Direct Burial : This service is when arrangements are made to inter the deceased in a cemetery without having any ceremony or visitation.
- Traditional Cremation : While very similar to traditional burial, the difference is that following the funeral, the deceased is transferred to the crematory instead of the procession going to the cemetery.
- Direct Cremation : Direct cremation is selected when no ceremony or visitation is desired. It is most often the least expensive option offered.
- Memorial Service : This is a service without the body present. A visitation, burial or cremation may or may not have preceded the memorial service.
With any service selected, there are many ways to personalize and memorialize your loved one. We assist our client families in personalizing a funeral service, and tailor it to the lifestyle and personality of the life that was lived. As no two people are exactly alike, no tribute to a life that was lived should be the same as another.
- Our comfortable arrangements office and adjacent product selection room provide customization and personalization choices and options.
- Our knowledge and skill in utilizing desktop publishing and printing technology, to create memorial tributes, is leading edge. We offer color photographs on Prayer Cards, Memorial Folders and Register Books.
- Our state of the art PA system in the Gilman Funeral Home has the ability to play any personal musical selections.
- We have memory boards and tables available for every family. This is a system which allows you to position photographs and other keepsakes or memorabilia on display for family and friends to see. Since it’s inception at our firm, this has been warmly received and utilized at a majority of the services we conduct.
Our staff provides expert personal assistance with many details, from making reservations at local restaurants and hotels, to arranging for catering, floral arrangements, cemetery memorials, airline and car rental reservations and numerous other funeral related requests.
- We offer personal assistance with filing for various Veterans’ Benefits. Our staff can determine eligibility and file the necessary paperwork for you to receive entitlements. Every honorably discharged Veteran of the United States Armed Forces is entitled to a United States Flag to be presented to the next of kin at the conclusion of the funeral service. Often times our funeral home is able to secure an honor guard to present the flag.
- We notify the Social Security Administration and assist in applying for benefits. Social Security will pay a benefit of $255 to a surviving spouse or dependant child. Other benefits may also be available, and we can advise.
We will assist in filing for life insurance proceeds or other survivor benefits and can take an assignment of a policy to cover funeral expenses.